Friday, October 28, 2011

Running for the hills!

(from left to right)
Emma Wilcox, Evonne Davis, Katrina Bello, Kylie Lefkowitz, Dahlia Elsayed, Marcy Chevali.

This has been a very exciting experience interning for Gallery Aferro. I have been interning for three weeks now and I am happy to say that everything is going well. I have been working with a lot of different artist already, many of which I quickly became friends with.

I first heard about Gallery Aferro through my school at Mason Gross, School of The Arts at Rutgers University in New Brunswick. I didn’t really know what to expect but I felt that Gallery Aferros’ internship in Social Media could really benefit me in my field. I have always appreciated art and over the years I have developed a visual arts background and continued with a concentration in design as a B.F.A undergraduate.


A lot of the work I do for Gallery Aferro involves the management of their Facebook updates, tweets on Twitter and uploads on YouTube. I occasionally post blog entries too as you can see! I have worked well before with video editing and my experience in design has really helped my work at Gallery Aferro. They seem to react strongly to my work and I appreciate the real world experience they offer me. I have been working really hard to be apart of this world and finally everything is coming together in this internship.


I work along side a man named Danny DeLiberato, who like myself is a Social Media intern at Aferro. Together we tackle all sorts of different projects our superiors want us to push out for their Gallery. He is an incredible asset to Gallery Aferro and a strong person to work with. Our first big project was the closing reception here at Gallery Aferro. Danny was able to put together a LIVE-POD-CAST of the performing art work done by Irvin Morazan.

Irvin Morazan performed an amazing ritualistic performing during the closing ceremony at Gallery Aferro. People all over the world were able to live stream his performance, which everyone was ecstatic about. I don’t want to give away too much in this post since we are working on his footage right now and that in itself will be a whole new post but we really excited with the video and how successful the live stream became. Irvin mentioned that his girl friend, who wasn’t able to make it to his performance that night, actually pulled over at a gas station and watched the live stream through her cell phone!

The night itself was really fun, I been wanting this for a long time and it is only going to get better. I met a ton of interesting people that night, and if I missed anyone you can always contact me! I am always happy to make new friends and look forward into meeting everyone who is interested in the arts.


Definitely keep up with our online channels; we will be pushing out a lot of work during our internship at Gallery Aferro. Many of the new friends I have made are studio residents at Gallery Aferro. I am very interested in interviewing the artist and everyone can get a better grasp of who everyone is soon.

Hope everyone enjoys our future post and video uploads!

My name is Kevin Hau, Facebook me!

No comments:

Post a Comment